ROCQUENCOURT, NEW DISTRICT CENTRE
A neew district of housing
- Client: SEM Yvelines Aménagements
- Project management: AREP Ville (representative) and Michel Desvigne (landscape gardener)
- Building work cost: €4.5 million
- Development plans and building work schedule: January 2011 to December 2014
Awards and prizes
- 2017 - Prix National arturbain.fr
Rocquencourt Council wanted to encourage a diverse housing offering and therefore wished to create social free access housing, shops, leisure facilities and activities on a 4.
9 hectare site in the centre of the district. The project includes an overall plan linked to the natural environment (Marly Forest and the Chèvreloup Arboretum) and the creation of public spaces designed with pedestrians in mind. Particular attention is being paid to the development and conservation of existing spaces and plant life. The reworking of district access ways and the creation of landmarks in the town help people to get their bearings more easily.