PARIS SAINT-LAZARE STATION
A commercial gallery of 80 shops
- Client: SOAVAL, SNCF
- Contractors: SNCF Gares & Connexions, AREP
- Delivery: March 2012
Awards and prizes
- Findic Centenary Awards - 2013
The very first French railway station, built in 1837, Gare Saint-Lazare had subsequently been extended by a succession of ill-assorted buildings which had remained untouched for many years.
The remodelling of the station, which concerns the Metro, street and platform levels, is designed to improve clarity and fluidity of movement, to create new areas for shops and services, and to provide passenger signage. A well has been created in the renovated Salle des Pas Perdus waiting hall and equipped with stairs and escalators delivering natural light to the underground, Metro-level interchange area. The forecourt, which stands on SNCF land, has been cleared and redeveloped to optimise taxi and private car drop-off and bus stops.