CONFERENCE ON CLIMATE RESILIENCE IN VIETNAM
AREP organizes with AFD - Agence Française de Développement the international conference "Youth in action against climate change. Current challenges. Building future resilience".
The event will take place on 3 November 2018 at the National University of Science in Hanoi and will bring together experts, researchers, Ministry and local government officials, as well as youth organizations.
The conference is an opportunity to engage in open dialogue with young people on climate change, but also to get professionals from different backgrounds and organizations to discuss solutions that will help build climate resilience in Vietnam. The topics discussed include:
- the fight against floods and coastal erosion,
- enhancing preparation for natural disasters (construction techniques and materials),
- the fight against the effects of climate change in urban areas,
- integration of resilience principles into urban planning documents in Vietnam,
- tools supporting the decision-making process in the context of climate change.
Young people will be fully involved in the conference, which will open with the Youth Awards ceremony.
The event celebrates both the 45th anniversary of diplomatic relations between Vietnam and France and the implementation of the Paris Climate Agreement. Vietnam is a coastal country that is highly vulnerable to climate change. Enhancing resilience is a major challenge for the country and one that will ensure long-term economic growth and sustainable living conditions.