- Strategic urban master plan
- Three different study perimeters: a 120-km² territory, a 62-km² planning area and a 32-km² core project area
- Client: AFD (Agence Française de Développement)
- Consortium: AREP (representative) - BURGEAP
- Partners: Menighetti, EY, Terao, Iris Conseil, Biotope
- Surface area: Study perimeter: 62 km²
- Operational perimeter: 30 km²
- Schedule: November 2014 – End of 2015
AREP was tasked to develop the strategic urban master plan for the eco-city of Caidian, a city of about 500,000 inhabitants located in the Chinese metropolis of Wuhan (10,000,000 inhabitants) in central China.
The project is funded by the AFD (“Agence Française de Développement”) and is part of a Sino-French cooperation, which aims to apply the French knowledge and expertise in the field of sustainable urban development to an exemplary site of a fast-developing Chinese city. It deals with urban expansion considerations and Chinese cities push the envelope when it comes to this matter.
As representative of the consortium, we provide our expertise in various areas involving urban considerations (such as governance, project building, urban planning and development, mobility, etc.) but also our experience as multi-disciplinary coordinator, capable of combing all the necessary specializations to analyze spaces, contexts and settings and propose adequate formal and operational solutions to sustainable urban development issues.AREP’s subsidiary Menighetti will be in charge of the urban programming.