RHEIMS-BEZANNES, DEVELOPMENT POLE
Development master plan - High Environnemental Quality (HEQ) - Surface: 170 ha
- Contracting owner: Rheims Metropolitan Area
- Project management: AREP / J.M. Duthilleul, E. Tricaud; Michel Desvigne (landscaping)
- Hotel contracting owner: B&B
- Hotel project management: AREP / J.M. Duthilleul, E. Tricaud
- Net surface area: 3 000 m²
Putting Rheims less than an hour from Paris by TGV high-speed train is a considerable boost for the city's drive and economic power.
The new Champagne-Ardenne station, located on the edge of the city, gives onto a vast 170-hectares site earmarked for change. The city authorities have set themselves the challenge of ensuring that urban development is as unobtrusive as possible. Prefiguration studies are now at an advanced stage and meet the requirements of sustainable development. An airy "garden city" with wide-open views and a mix of service activities and mid-density housing is emerging, which respects both the main balances between the rural and the urban, and High Environmental Quality principles.
Rheims-bezannes video © AREP 2013 / Grzegorz Tomczak