VERSAILLES-CHANTIERS INTERCHANGE HUB
- Client: SNCF Gares & Connexions, RFF, City of Versailles, Nexity
- Project management: SNCF Gares & Connexions, PRI/EVEN (SNCF), AREP / J.M. Duthilleul, E. Tricaud
- Completion of the works: 2016
- The renovation of the passenger building (Hall 1),
- The construction of a 3,000-sqm extension on the west side, encompassing a new concourse, a new walkway and a linking passageway,
- The improvement of the station forecourt, surroundings and routes connecting the various elements of the multimodal hub,
- The relocation of the coach station on the natural ground northeast of Hall 2 and the creation of the north (crossing the Gobert ponds) and east (from Rue Abbé Rousseau) access points.
The renovation and construction project perfectly integrates all the infrastructure elements in their environment by reflecting the 1930s architectural spirit – the original building being a listed historic monument dating back to this period.
It forms part of the wider redevelopment of the district and supports functional relationships between the station and the city.
Among the projects already launched, there is a new landscaped urban passageway between Saint-Louis district and Chantiers as well as a new access to the station from street level, on the side neighbouring with Buc, both created by AREP.