PARIS SAINT-LAZARE STATION
A restored and restructured historic building
- Client: SOAVAL, SNCF
- Prime Contractor: SNCF Gares & Connexions, DGLa, AREP
- Daily traffic: 400 000 voyageurs
- Commercial surface: 10 000 m²
- Delivery: March 2012
Awards and prizes
- 2014 - Brunel Awards
- 2013 - Findic Centenary Awards
- 2013 - Janus du Commerce
- 2013 - La Clé d'Or
- 2012 - Grand Prix National de l’Ingénierie
- 2012 - Trophées SIIC - Prize awarded to Klépierre in partnership with AREP - category “Ville et Avenir"
The very first French railway station, built in 1837, Saint-Lazare station had subsequently been extended by a succession of ill-assorted buildings which had remained untouched for many years.
The remodelling of the station, which concerns the Metro, street and platform levels, is designed to improve clarity and fluidity of movement, to create new areas for shops and services, and to provide passenger signage. A well has been created in the renovated Salle des Pas Perdus waiting hall and equipped with stairs and escalators delivering natural light to the underground, Metro-level interchange area. The forecourt, which stands on SNCF land, has been cleared and redeveloped to optimise taxi and private car drop-off and bus stops.
Paris Saint Lazare station video - © AREP 2011 / Grzegorz Tomczak