A new station on high stilts
- Client: SNCF / RFF / CG 94
- Project ownership coordination: SNCF Transilien
- Project management: SNCF CISP
- Plans project management: AREP / J.M. Duthilleul, E. Tricaud, F. Bonnefille, AEDIS (Structure), Poccioni, (HVAC), Fauny (Landscaping)
- Building work cost: SNCF €9.25 million / RFF platform shelter €600 K
- Delivery: 2013
Awards and prizes
Pompadour station is part of a project to create an intermodal transport hub.
In order to free up as much space as possible at ground level, overcome railway loading gauge constraints and anticipate the possibility of the site flooding, the main station building is placed on almost 10 m high stilts. Only the technical facility located in the middle of the bus turning area remains accessible from the forecourt. All passenger services are therefore located at the level of the walkway connecting the access area to the platforms. The structure of the building provides space for a concourse that can accommodate changes to flows and additional premises. The light wood facades give a sense of unity to this suspended space.