Redefining a signage
- Client: Urban Community of Lille
AREP designs coherent signage systems guaranteeing a continuous, end-to-end information chain based on: -The analysis of walkways, needs and spaces -The drafting of the programme, and research on signage layout As a system of communication and identity, signage plays a role in showing a given space to its advantage.
By spotlighting essential places and services, it provides the keys to understanding the space for people using it. The idea is to simultaneously define a genuine graphic line and satisfy accessibility requirements through:
- Message visibility and legibility
- The prioritising of information and the clarity of directions
- The type and size of pictograms
- The height and distance from which messages can be read